Tuesday, April 29, 2008

i give in: the music meme

[updated to add: answers]

I've seen these around, most notably from comebacknikki, where I actually knew a few in the spare 15 seconds I had to read her post. Those few I knew promptly got stuck in my head for the rest of the day...thanks so much.

My steps:
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.

Your steps:
Step 3a: Post your guesses in the comments.
Step 4: I'll strike through bold them when someone gets them right
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING. Don't do it!

My suggestions:
Good luck. I think some of these are really obscure. Then again, I know a lot of you have spectacular taste in music. Then again (again), I did cheat a little by taking out the ones I knew none of you would get—like the one from a CD that sold exactly 246 copies and was released on my record label 12 years ago. I pretty much know the names of all 246 of those people and I don't think any of you are on that list. But that was the extent of my rejiggering of the list.

1) you can get from here to there
2) messenger of fear in sight
3) i don't think you understand
4) see the storm is broken
5) closer, no hesitation
6) let him come into the city
7) who's car am I driving in?
8) another world, another time
9) trying hard to speak and fighting with my weak hand "X & Y" by Coldplay
10) i step off the train "Missing" by Everything But the Girl
11) you spent five years saying you'd come my way
12) someone falls to pieces sleepin all alone "Be Yourself" by Audioslave
13) i'm lying in my bed, the blanket is warm
14) lookin' back on my life you know that all I see
15) life was fun life was great
16) on i wait (i'm a time bomb)
17) well sit right down my wicked son "Holiday Song" by The Pixies
18) some people say such awful things
19) oh, dream about me
20) the possible dream finale of seem
21) up ahead in the distance I can hear the cannon blast
22) now the radio stutters. snaps to life.
23) i'm so tired of being alone "Tired of Being Alone" by Rev. Al Green but as performed by Texas
24) there's a moment in my mind
25) wake up next to you, honest screw.

Labels: