Friday, March 23, 2007

vista, scribefire, and shiny new computers

I finally turned on my shiny new laptop, the one I mentioned a week ago. Actually, it's not shiny at all. It's matte black. That's fine. It's also a lot lighter than its behemoth older sibling. I didn't expect it to be, but it is.

So far, I have had zero problems with its Vista-ness. After I wiped away a bunch of stuff and rearranged things to my liking, the only issues I have are: the large desktop icons (although they're growing on me) and the fact that the Cisco VPN client for Vista hasn't been released officially, which means I can't get it from our client-who-requires-we-use-it-to-connect-to-their-network, which means I have two laptops on my table and have to unplug the DSL and switch over to the other computer just to do work things for this particular client. It's really annoying.

Last night I fired up the laptop and my Performancing for Firefox blog editor extension had turned ORANGE. Orange is not a color I dig, in general, so it was a little disconcerting. Turns out that the PFF extension is now called ScribeFire. Ok, whatever. It still works for me. So a word to all you PFF/now Scribefire users: it's ok.

We now return to our regularly-scheduled non-computerish blog.

Labels: