Sunday, June 1, 2008

one local summer - a bad start for me

one local summerI've been waiting for the first week of the One Local Summer challenge for weeks now.

I was ready to come out of the gate with my eight thousand different things you can do with lentils and/or potatoes (need a geographic locator? see: lentil festival, neighboring license plate). I was ready to talk about the WSU Organic Farm, the WSU Creamery, the Moscow Food Co-Op, and the Moscow Farmer's Market.

But what happened? I got sick. I've been sick all week (see posts below). I haven't wanted to see or touch food, local or otherwise (and for several days I couldn't).

So, unless "One Local Summer" is expanded to include "One Local Summer of Powerade and Saltines," I'm not sure what I'll end up doing this first week. But I'll try something!

Labels: