Wednesday, January 23, 2008

multilingual

Yesterday I came home to a box of books on my doorstep. Not unusual, because Amazon.com loves me, but this package was from my publisher. They do a good job of filling my closet with books I can't read but I keep because they make me look cool. Or geeky. Can't decide which.

You see, these books are in Lithuanian.

I thought it was Polish when I looked at it the first time (there goes my gig with the UN) but it was slightly, um, not-Polish-looking-enough that I looked in the front matter and found the publisher's URL: a dot-lt, which is Lithuania. So there you go: a new language to add to the list.

So far, I've had books published in the following languages (not all books in all languages): Arabic, Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, and Turkish.

I've been doing this (writing books thing) for eight years now and still this whole translation thing makes me laugh. I mean really, I still can't get over that people read this stuff in English, let alone Lithuanian. Cracks me up.

Labels: ,