Wednesday, December 5, 2007

sexy paper titles

I don't do sexy titles. I can joke about them with the best of you..."Is there a colon? There has to be a colon! Did you work 'hegemony' in there somewhere? Didya?" But when it comes to actually creating one for myself, well, not so much.

For instance, the working title for one of my papers right now is a variation of "[insert pithy title here]" and it has been that way throughout the draft/workshopping process. Naturally, suggestions have been made. Many of the suggestions come from our prof, who is a title machine.

She wants me to use "mud wrestling" in my title.

I'm not sure I'm ready to go there...that's a different kind of sexy (which is to say, for me, not sexy).

Seriously though. I actually have plans for this paper. I can't call it "Mud Wrestling [obligatory colon] [actual informative phrase]."

Labels: