Sunday, December 9, 2007

random bullets of writing papers while on cold medicine

* I really like Alka-Seltzer cold medicine. It's my favorite cold medicine of all.

* I am thankful for loose tea, hot water, and a thermos that keeps the tea hot so that I can dole out little cups of it for myself. Otherwise, as with coffee, I make a cup and let it sit and get cold because I have a short attention span. But little cups are good for short attention spans.

* I really like snow. I always have, and living in California didn't help with the whole "I like snow" thing. But every time Mount Hamilton would get a dusting of snow on it, I would get really happy driving toward it on my way home from somewhere.

* It should not surprise you that it is snowing right now, which is why I thought of the bullet item above.

* I have two particularly awesome classmates in my favorite seminar, and we are writing papers for other seminars right now. Independently of each other, we expressed the same thought: we really want to be working on our papers for the seminar we have together, because we love those papers. That's a neat feeling.

* Friday was a lousy day to get sick, but I could have predicted it. The good news is that I feel a lot better than I did yesterday. The bad news is that I'm behind on my paper-writing. The good news is that it will all work out. It always does.

* I have never wanted to clean the house more than I do at this moment. Sure, the house is kind of gross. But mostly a clean house will signal having completed my list of stuff.

Labels: ,