Friday, November 9, 2007

i think it's time for a new tattoo

For those of you who know me in real life, you know I have a lot of tattoos. With the exception of a few, they all have stories and deeply personal meanings behind them. Mostly they are markers of events or feelings or things I want to be sure to remember, etc. I got my last one six years ago, and certainly a ton of stuff has happened since then that I should mark. But nothing really jumped out like this one thing did...

Some of you probably know what it is I work on in my scholarly life. Some of you might recall the Great Yosemite Bear Story of 2007. Ahem.

Well, the other day in the microfilm room, I found my next tattoo.

In a letter to his daughters when they were wee ones (like 7 and 3), Muir doodled a little grizzly bear in the corner of the page. It's really cute -- half scary, half cuddly. Very Muirish.

So there you go. The only question now is where (on my body) to get it. Hmm.

Labels: ,