Thursday, September 20, 2007

so today's excitement was...

...the sewer line broke! It was tree roots and such, and wasn't at all my fault or the fault of the fellow who lives in the other half of the duplex.

This morning, I heard gurgling and smelled laundry detergent. "That's odd," I thought, "I'm not doing laundry."

But my neighbor was! And it backed into my tub as his washer worked its way through the spin cycle. Several hours later, I made the mistake of flushing the toilet. Several hours after that, I walked up to campus to use the potty. I wasn't going to flush the toilet again.

Landlady sent the plumber out, and he knocked on my door to explain how the sewer line was broken and to minimize water use throughout the weekend and that they'd be out at the beginning of the week to dig things up and such.

I am SO GLAD I rent. I am also very glad to have access to a 24-hr gym, even if it doesn't have a shower, and to have friends who do have showers, and to have a laundromat, and to have a lot of clothes so I don't necessarily have to use a laundromat. So it's really not bad at all.

Except my friends call me "puppy bladder" and I rarely have fewer than two bottles of water in my possession at all times. Oh well! Should be an interesting weekend.

Labels: