Friday, August 17, 2007

my very own LOLcat photo, sans photo

I am not ashamed to admit that I like the LOLcats. I Can Has Cheezburger? is in my feed reader and postings amuse myself to no end.

I've been wanting to take a photo of my younger cat as she sits at the sliding screen door and stares out into the yard all day long. In that yard is a birdfeeder, and at the birdfeeder throughout the day is a flock of finches. By "flock" I mean there are twenty or thirty birds at any given time who live in the trees in my yard and feed at the feeder (and ground below it) en masse.

They also fly away as a flock, and return as a flock. This happens numerous times in the course of the day, and usually happens when I reach for the camera or I make any movement at all. The squirrels don't bother them. The cats at the door don't bother them. I'm the only thing that bothers them (also, when a magpie buzzes the yard, they all skedaddle).

Anyway, picture a little black cat in "pounce" mode, wiggling her little butt and making little chirpy noises while she looks at a flock of little brown birds fifteen feet away. Now say "I can has birdies?" and laugh. I do, every time I turn to the left and see the scene. Cracks me up every time.

Labels: