Monday, July 9, 2007

paranoid birds

I swear, the birds in Pullman are totally paranoid.

You know how I like teh nature, yeah? One of the first things I purchased was a birdfeeder...not just any birdfeeder but the kind on a pole with plenty of seed and suet. Hanging from one side is a finch feeder (the mesh sack) and from the other side is a hummingbird feeder.

How many birds have alighted upon this feeder? Zero. How many birds have flown around it a few times or stepped up to it and then flown off? Several.

I don't think it's because it's crap stuff. I think it's because it's such a cool feeder that they believe it to be some sort of trap.

It's not a trap! I just like to feed the birds! Come on birdies...visit!

UPDATE A Black-capped Chickadee has visited. Unlike the birds that visited my patio in California, this bird flies over, takes one seed and flies away, then returns moments later.

Labels: