Tuesday, February 27, 2007

sick

It never fails. I don't get sick often, but when I do it's at the most inappropriate times.

I am sick. Thank god I don't have the stomach flu thing that my boss has or that Mel had, but this feverish/cough/cold/congestion thing is bad enough.

It makes work work very difficult. It makes thesis-writing very difficult. It makes lecturing very difficult.

I've never canceled class, but if I nearly did for today. I haven't graded all their essays, and I can barely talk so lecturing will be interesting. If I didn't have seven people coming to office hours to make up essays, I probably would have found a way to cancel things.

I have a thesis meeting with my director at noon...I'll be canceling that since I don't have anything to show him.

I'll see him in the morning (tomorrow) because it's observation day. That should be interesting. Later in that day I have to present my research as part of the CSU student research competition. That should also be interesting. Maybe I can mime it.

Labels: