Thursday, February 22, 2007

rain

[not metaphorical rain, actual wet rain]

I love the rain. Seriously. It would have been highly appropriate for me to go to UW in Seattle, but alas it was not meant to be.

When it rains, I sleep. If it doesn't rain, I sleep fitfully and not for very long. Last night, it rained and rained and rained and rained and I slept and slept and slept and slept. I went to couch at 7:30, ready to watch the Warriors vs. Grizzlies, and wasn't even awake for tipoff. Next thing I knew, it sounded like a flood outside and it was 4:46am. [I also have this habit of waking up exactly one minute before my alarm goes off.]

I woke up, the rain has slowed down, and it'll be a good day. It's Thursday, my 7:30am class is doing an in-class essay during which time I'll be able to grade some of the essays from the Wednesday essay. After Thursday comes Friday, a day filled only with work work, and then after Friday we have two complete days to work on my thesis. It's almost like Christmas!

Gah, how sad.

unrelated: I have not been rejected outright at grad school choice #1; my app made it through to round #2. Hooray! I don't suck at first glance!

Labels: