Thursday, January 4, 2007

the first pre-semester bad dream of the year

How weird. I had a dream last night that was all about screwing up the first day of the semester.

You know: didn't print the roll, waited until the morning of class to print the 6+ page syllabus on the required green paper and thus had to get in line with everyone else doing the same and the paper ran out and I was late to class and didn't have syllabi, went to the wrong room, dripped coffee on my pants, etc.

It was weird because my class doesn't start until the 25th, I know the room I'll be in, I don't wear light-colored clothing on the first day anyway (specifically to avoid the coffee issue), I print the roll the minute registration ends, and I'll copy my syllabi the weekend before the Thursday I teach.

So...what the hell? Weird.

On a different note, does anyone know how to pronounce the Vietnamese name "Nhung"? I like to practice names so I don't sound like an idiot when I call roll, and this is one I don't know how to do correctly.

Labels: