Tuesday, December 19, 2006

end o' the semester

It's officially the end of the semester, as I handed in my final seminar paper this morning. Yes, grades are due tomorrow, and yes, our professor gave us every possible moment to finish the papers. Ok, sure...he thought grades were due next week, but who are we to argue?

All that remains for me at SJSU is my thesis, which I believe I will begin in earnest on the 25th. I'm not going anywhere or doing anything that day, our company is officially closed from the 23rd through the 1st, and gosh darn it there's a lot of work to be done between now and the end of February, which is when my readers need to see a draft of the whole darn thing.

All the while I'll be working and teaching a section of compostion, and waiting not-so-patiently for (fat) envelopes from graduate schools. I scored well enough on the GRE subject test for the schools to which I am applying (and hey, even for some others!), although my study-group buddy Jim scored three percentile points higher than I did, the bastard. I kid. He's not a bastard.

But if you read his post you'll find he's probably going to abandon academia. For that, he's a bastard. He's one of the good ones! Go convince him that law school is not cool. Not cool! English: cool. Law school: not cool. Go tell him.

[I don't really think law school is uncool.]

Labels: